April’s Full Moon ✨🌝✨ PINK MOON

 

"April Pink Moon", original watercolor painting 
by Wandering Mermaid

April means SPRINGTIME! - and the Full Moon in April is called the FULL PINK MOON because flowers are blooming, letting us know Spring is finally here! 🌸 When I think of pink flowers I think of roses or peonies, but the Full Pink Moon is actually named after Creeping Phlox (sounds like a Dr. Seuss character!), which is a wildflower found in North America and blooms like crazy all over the ground in early spring. 

Creeping Phlox, aka Moss Phlox is a vivid pink color


To me, The Creeping Phlox looks more fuchsia than pale pink, but I love the name Pink Moon 

so I keep those thoughts to myself!


⭐︎


This year, 2021, the Full Pink Moon will be on April 26th AND….IT WILL BE A SUPERMOON!  The first of two supermoons this year! Time to set your intentions for the year and go for a moonlit walk!



⭐︎


I’m finishing up a set of moon-themed watercolor paintings this week and I have MANY Full Pink Moons among them! 



I will post the small paintings on my website this week!



⭐︎


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

☾⭐︎ Zodiac Signs and Their Complimentary Tarot Cards ☾⭐︎

TAKING CARE OF YOUR HANDMADE TAROT CARDS ☾⭐︎

Creating a Goddess Space